Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Reflex

The toilet flushing issue is a problem for me. I never before counted flushing the toilet as a reflex, just a voluntary act following whatever business one takes care of. But now, I say it's a reflex. And as far as a toddler is concerned, well it's just plain old fun. Water is fun in general. My little one thinks watering the plants with whatever is left in his cup is so much fun, he grumps at me when I tell him he can't give the plant his leftover milk. Of course, just when I thought he was really getting the purpose of putting our leftover water to use, I found him running back and forth to the plant with his cup from lunch while I was on the phone. He was filling it up with water from the bathroom - leaving the faucet on the whole time. Yeah, we're not perfect in this house, but we sure know a good time! The plant is loving life here.

Back to the toilet. The reflex of flushing. I wish I could take a poll of peoples gross meters. Is every other flush gross? I don't really think so. Is every three flushes gross? Maybe I should find out how much water the new toilets use and subtract that number from the number of gallons mine uses and only flush the number of times to make the two equal. Whoa! Did anyone understand that? We have friends coming to visit, so I think whatever plan I come up with will have to wait until they're gone.

In the meantime, My compost garbage (Still not using the garbage disposal, boo hoo) is making me think that I should start a blog about food conservation. I think we are wasting too much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment