Thursday, September 17, 2009

Now that I've snubbed bottled water as part of my effort to conserve water (see past blog entries if you no speaka' me language). I have been making a concerted effort to always leave the house with water for my kid and SOMETIMES I actually remember to leave with water for myself (Like most mommies, I'm like, "Me? Who's that?") But of course when I went to buy a little canteen cup for myself, I was really surprised to see that even at Target I could spend as much as over 20 bucks for - lets face it - a freakin CUP! It's not like I went for the $1.99 clearance model, I went for a middle of the road, OXO (I love their stuff) hot/cold cup. Well, man, I put coffee in that thing ONCE and every time I drink water in it now, I taste old Latte. I love a foamy drink as much as the next gal, but getting hints of month-old espresso does not make me say "ahhh." So A friend of mine recommended one to me, and I'm passing on her recommendation:

"We love out stainless steel water bottles from Klean Kanteen! We bought them online at http://www.kleankanteen.com/but now I see them at Whole Foods. NOT the Sigg bottles though-- if you drop a Sigg, you can crack the inside liner and then the bad chemicalinside is exposed."

Anyway, I figured, okay, here I go, springin' for one a' them there fancy-schmancy cups, but it turns out that it's about the same. Go figure. So, I don't know about you, but it's a done deal for me. I mean, I can understand having coffee breath after a hot cuppa joe, but after 8 oz. of filtered water? I don't think so.

1 comment: