Monday, September 14, 2009

No Duh

Part of what made me nervous about writing about water conservation - aside from the fact that I was very nervous about sounding like a big dummy when it came to the facts - was getting my family to participate. Here I was, thinking that my husband was going to put up a big stink every time I told him about a new water-saving strategy. So the other day I put on my face that says, "I'm not nagging, I'm just informing..." and I told him about lowering the faucet to half pressure whenever you run the sink. He looked at me and said, "I already do that." Who knew?

As for my three year old, well, he was going to be the big problem in all of this, right? Well, moms and dads out there, even a three year old can do this. After only a couple of days worth of reminding, the child now turns on the sink and then twists the knob back just enough so that the water comes out at a lower pressure. Seeing the mixed look of pride and shock, he smiled at me and said, "I'm saving water!"

Anyway, for anyone who is not doing this for the same reasons I wasn't doing any of this - because it's too complicated to get everyone on board - it's time to find another excuse. If you're anything like me, you might discover that the only one who had to get on board was you!

1 comment: