Friday, January 29, 2010

Field Trip

As much as I would like to ramble on and on about how my spray bottle is still half full after a couple of weeks of use, I have lots of work to do today and must attend to it immediately. So, I thought I would send you over to a site that lists 100 Ways to Conserve Water, some of which I have talked about on this here blogitty-blog-blog. But what this list has that I don't really cover is water conservation in your yard. For example:
* Water your lawn and garden in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler to minimize evaporation.

* If water runs off your lawn easily, split your watering time into shorter periods to allow for better absorption.

* Adjust sprinklers so only your lawn is watered and not the house, sidewalk, or street.
Why haven't I covered this stuff? Well, I live in an apartment, for one thing. So, no sprinklers here. The management company has landscapers come in and water the backyard, so I really have absolutely no idea about this stuff. But for all you homeowners out there, I would check this site out. I know I'm passing the buck today, but it's healthy to assert your independence from Mama sometimes. Just come back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment