Monday, January 25, 2010

Swirly Girl

Is anyone washing dishes the way I recommended? (It took me a long time to write that sentence in a way that didn't make me sound like my three year old. At one point, I had written, "Is anyone doing what I said?") Look back and somewhere on this blog you'll find my instructions on how to wash the dishes if you have to do them by hand. (Of course! No one would ever WANT to to them by hand). You know, keep another pot or pan underneath to catch all the water you'll end up using half of the water you would normally use (well, I'm not measuring, but giving how little I have to put the sink on to wash dishes by doing it this way, I think I'm being fair). The problem is rinsing all of the soap off. But the other night, I was noticing that I swirl a lot. You know, like, what you do with a glass of wine when you pretend that you know what you're doing? Except, I do it with a pot or pan and then pour the water out into the next pot I'm going to wash. Swirl, girls! (And boys... I'm not old fashioned, it's just that "boys" didn't rhyme.)

Am I really going to post this on facebook for the world to see. I can't imagine what the people I knew in High School think of me... "Hey, Karen, what are you doing now?" "Well... I'm telling people to swirl water around while they wash dishes!" Cue the crickets...

No comments:

Post a Comment