Monday, January 11, 2010

Moonstruck

Moonstruck is one of my favorite movies of all time. Not a single bad moment in that film. I think I've seen it a thousand times. If you haven't seen it - SEE IT. Okay, okay, I said my piece. There is actually a reason I was thinking of Moonstruck today. It started with me buying the spray bottles for my bathroom. (Pop Quiz! Did you see the last entry? If you did, you would know why I was buying the spray bottles. No? Watch the short video and find out why!) Then, I had a dozen people here last night for a reading of this play I just finished (Curtsie) and didn't have time to wash all the pots and pans right after I finished (Cone of shame) so I filled everything with at least a little bit of water. Well, as I was doing it, I felt kind of guilty. Filling pans with water, filling the spray bottle, filling the soap dispenser. Aren't I supposed to be SAVING water? But sometimes you have to use water to save it. When I finally got around to washing the pots and pans, that gunk came off with no problem. I just took a sponge, using the water that was already in there and just wiped stuff away. I probably used a lot less water than I would have if I had let all the sauce (lasagna... mmmm) harden. Just like that spray bottle, that some of you still have no idea about - filling it with water is actually going to save water in the long run.

Back to Moonstruck... Remember the part when the dad - a plumber - meets with his clients and tells them that their pipes are garbage? He recommends that they get "Copper... which is the only pipe I use." Of course, the frugal wife scoffs at the amount of money the will have to spend. But Cosmo explains to her that it costs money because it SAVES money.

I think the best thing to do around the house is to not just NOT use water, but use it in a way that SAVES water in the long run. Thanks Cosmo! Of course, I think if we asked him what his attitude about water is, he would say "I don't wanna talk about it!" Haha... Oh will you just see the movie already???

No comments:

Post a Comment