Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Spray

The spray bottle is there... it's right by the sink, and yet I keep forgetting to use it for my toothbrush. For those of you just joining us, I heard this idea on the video I posted a few days ago that you could use a spray bottle to wet your toothbrush instead of running the sink. Hence using much less water than you normally would. Of course, in doing all of this water-saving stuff, I have to say that half the battle is always getting into the right habit. I mean, the intention is always there, but for 37 years I have been running the darn sink when I brush my teeth. It's going to take at least a couple of weeks to wash that out of me (no pun intended). But it is possible. I think twice now before I flush, and that was not an easy thing to do. Of course, I also learned that if you clean your toilet more often, like I do, and leave your cleaner in there (an all natural one of course!) it's a much more sanitary way of saving water by not flushing.

I know, I'm rattling this one off, but I've got so much to do today. But I FINALLY used the spray bottle and I thought I should share my honest opinion. Like most of these new habits, I'm not crazy about this new technique. The toothbrush is not as soggy as usual and that's a little weird. But really, my teeth are nice and clean and my mouth feels fresh. What the heck else do I want, huh? I'll get used to it! It's worth all the water I saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment