Friday, January 22, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away... No, Come Back!

I wish there was some mechanism to alert people when I post, because on an off week like this, I know it's annoying to keep looking and find nothing there but the dusty old post on how I can't remember to spray my toothbrush instead of running the faucet. I mean, how many times to you have to be told already?

It's been raining here. Like torrential. Jeez, I don't even know how to spell that word it's been so long since I used it. Usually it makes me laugh at how people freak out here when it rains heavier than a drizzle, but this time the frenzy was warranted. It makes me wonder how much rain we need in order to get out of this drought pickle we're in. According to reports we need two more weeks just like it to get out of the pit we're in.

I have to admit, I had to stop myself from being a bit more free wheeling with the faucet this week. And I didn't feel my usual pang of guilt when I ran the faucet to wash one single spoon just so that my son could eat his ice cream. After reading that we're not in the clear just yet, I think I'll refrain from doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment