Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Zzzz...zzzz... huh? Wha?

I'm so tired today, I can barely see straight. Of course, tis the season to be merry... but it's not really fair to have a season when everyone has to be merry if you're not going to follow it up with a season to be lazy. Just the opposite - January is the season to be proactive and change your life. After all that merriment? You must be joking...

I know that the first thing to go when I'm feeling this way is my dedication to the environment. This morning I let the shower run hot without saving the water and ran the dishwasher without completely filling it because I didn't want dirty dishes in my sink while I was cooking. It's funny, when I do these things, I feel like I have to say something because I never want to misrepresent myself as a person just buzzing around all the time shutting off faucets and fixing leaks. Truth is, I still don't have all my Christmas shopping done and I resent not being given an award just for putting in the effort to send Holiday cards. I don't know if you would call me lazy, but I truly believe that that the world I live in spins a lot faster for me than some other people who seem to get a lot more done in their daily lives.

If the water saving thing feels like too much work, then just be lazy and pick one thing that you do that saves water. Like not rinsing your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Or timing your shower so that you're in there for less time. Just one thing. It's okay to be lazy... jeez, join the club. But while you're thinking about your New Year's resolution, consider one that lets you still eat cake and ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment