Monday, December 14, 2009

Drip Tips

I'm doing a little cross promotion today, but I've been writing for this series of interstitials called What You Can Do - which lets viewers know what they can do to tackle a particular issue in one minute. Well, of course there was one dedicated to water conservation. I didn't write it, but it lists many of the things that I've talked about on this blog. I did learn something new however: the EPA estimates that about one trillion gallons of water leaks from homes each year.

According to the EPA - as it is cited on the video - that's the amount of water used by Chicago, Miami and L.A. combined. WHAT? Now, let me just say that I don't own a home, so maybe I'm being a little to judgemental, but come on homeowners! Don't you have a dusty old tool cabinet in your garage with some metal thingamabobs to fix stuff? It's time to strap on some overalls, pick up a wrench and start tightening stuff. Don't know how? Umm... neither do I. Here is EHow's how to fix a leaky faucet (and ladies, the guy is totally cute, so don't be afraid to insist on making this your project) and how to fix a leaky pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment