Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's tough to top peeing in the shower... so I've been thinking about what to write all day.  What I really want to talk about is bottled water, but honestly, I'm not ready for that topic.  I'm not ready to address how horrible I think it is.  I'm not ready to address what I think should be done. Because, to be honest, I still find myself - not often, mind you - but every now and then, buying and drinking bottled water.  So what kind of a hypocrite would I be if I damned everyone who did it.  I'm not there yet, and I would imagine anyone reading this is not there yet either.  Perhaps in writing on this topic day after day, I will get there.  WE will get there together.  But for now, I think it's best to stick with reality.  

If you've got a filter, like me, yay for us.  But what really happens after you take a few sips of the water you pour in your glass?  Do you leave it on the kitchen table like me and start your day, only to find it there 8 hours later.  You think I'm going to tell you to drink it like a good citizen, right?  Well, if you're a better person than me, then drink up.  I mean, honestly, you're right.  It's not like a chicken leg, it doesn't go bad.  But if you're anything like me, when you get home, the last think you want is an old glass of warm water.  

So what do we lesser humans do?  Got plants?  Got a garden?  Fill your watering can with it the water you don't drink.  Fill your watering can with any water you don't use.  Keep the watering can by the sink where you feel the most water gets wasted.  In fact, keep one by every sink if you want.  Believe me, your plants won't mind moldy water.  And if they do, they can't say anything.  Sucka's!

No comments:

Post a Comment