Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What the Heck?

My son is saying "What the Heck?" all the time. I don't know where he gets it from. I know what you're thinking, but anyone who knows me knows that any time I start a phrase with "What the..." believe me that the last word is not "heck." So I refrain from that set-up altogether. It's funny when he says it, not because he has absolutely no idea why he's saying it, but because there's really nothing I can do about it. I said to him, "I don't like that phrase." and he asked "why?" Ummm... well, I don't know why. It's not like he's cursing. And he's not being defiant or bratty. So, "What the heck, son. Go ahead!"

Perhaps you will understand why I've shared this little piece of information about my kid once you see this link. I figure it might serve as a cleaner example of what to say as you reading the article, as your reactions will likely include some phrase beginning with "what the..." Perhaps you've seen the article already or caught this news. It's not a recent news story, but it's nevertheless exhausting to hear. Isn't there enough "heck" going on with our water right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment